Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mad Libs Post: When Workouts Get ________(noun)



I thought I would liven up this post by utilizing the format of one of my favorite childhood word games, Mad Libs! I suggest reading this post with a friend for maximum fun potential. 

Cheat Sheet:
Noun: person, place, or thing (Oprah, cup, Chicago)
Verb: action, occurrence, or state of being (walk, happen, be)
Adjective:  qualifies a noun or noun phrase, giving more information about the object signified (worst, sunny, purple)
Adverb: qualifies the meaning of a verb and typically answer questions such as how?, in what way?, when?, where?, and to what extent? They often end in "ly" (gladly, very, too, equally)


Running has been so ___________(adjective) lately. I managed to ____________('ly' adverb) run 3 miles on yesterday with no ___________(adjective) pain. This is __________('noun) because the Spartan Race is only weeks away and I want to be ___________(noun) by the race day! Speaking of race days, I have heard of two __________(adjective) races coming up close to where I ________(verb). The first is a Color Run like the one I had so much __________(noun) doing a few months back, and the other is a Glow in the Dark run where you paint yourself in ___________(adjective) glow in the dark pain, hang glow sticks on your _______(noun), and run at night! Sounds great huh?

In Crossfit news, tonight I did my first "chipper" which is a/an _________(adjective) workout. A chipper is a/an ________(adjective) combination of movements at high volume that will surely test your _________(noun). We did 70 pullups, 80 push ups, 90 sit-ups, and 100 air squats. I _________ed (verb) a the smallest band for my pullups and did knee pushups, in an effort to ________(verb) my back. I finished in a commendable 17:04. 

Overall I would say that I have been_________(noun) since my last post, and I am proud of it!

Better than __________(noun)!


2 comments:

  1. Running has been so STINKY (adjective) lately. I managed to CAUTIOUSLY ('ly' adverb) run 3 miles on yesterday with no CRAZY (adjective) pain. This is PEN ('noun) because the Spartan Race is only weeks away and I want to be BRICK (noun) by the race day! Speaking of race days, I have heard of two CRUSTY (adjective) races coming up close to where I LEFT(verb). The first is a Color Run like the one I had so much HORSE (noun) doing a few months back, and the other is a Glow in the Dark run where you paint yourself in MAJESTIC (adjective) glow in the dark pain, hang glow sticks on your MOVIE (noun), and run at night! Sounds great huh?

    In Crossfit news, tonight I did my first "chipper" which is a/an DRY (adjective) workout. A chipper is a/an WARM (adjective) combination of movements at high volume that will surely test your SNOW (noun). We did 70 pullups, 80 push ups, 90 sit-ups, and 100 air squats. I SLEPT (verb) a the smallest band for my pullups and did knee pushups, in an effort to ANNOY (verb) my back. I finished in a commendable 17:04.

    Overall I would say that I have been HAMBURGER (noun) since my last post, and I am proud of it!

    Better than PIZZA (noun)!


    In summary - I am not good at the nouns. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great! It's also funny to follow your train of thought as you filled it out. Hungry and tired by the end, huh? Haha.

      Delete